The Data Protection Act Directive 95/46/EC is to be superseded by a new EU regulation under the title of EU GDPR (European Union General Data Protection Regulation). The GDPR aims to prevent security breaches and the loss of personal data by any organisation that holds or processes that data. This regulation change will affect any organisation that processes personal data of EU citizens. This EU GDPR has a live date set for the 25th May 2018.
Find out more on the GDPR – www.ico.org.uk
ARABLAB is the annual scientific trade show organised and managed by The ARABLAB Group.
The company is registered in the UAE and our contact details are:
Scientific International Exhibitions Ltd, P.O.Box 125303. Dubai. United Arab Emirates.
Your personal Identifiable information (PII) is data which by itself or with other data available to us can be used to identify you. We are Scientific International Exhibitions Ltd, and are the data controller in regard to the new GDPR legislation. You can contact us via our contact us page or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
The type of data we collect.
Whether or not you attend one of the ARABLAB exhibitions, when you register to attend a future show, or have attended in the past, we will store and process your data for the reasons set out below. We will collect most of this data directly from you during the registration journey. The personal data we use may include:
- Full name and address as supplied in the registration form. This may be a business address, or a home address. We will ask for an email address (to confirm your registration) and a phone contact number.
- We won’t ask for your data of birth, but will need you to confirm you are over the age of 16 to attend our exhibitions.
- We may ask you to provide payment details or an invoice address if you’re attending a paid for seminar. Any payments processed via credit card will be via a secure payment service provider.
- We may record your ip address in our logs when you submit your registration form.
- You may fill in a registration form at the time of the show, in which case any information you provide on this registration form may be stored.
- We may ask you for your education level and your employment status or company name to which you are employed. This is for contacting you regarding the registration and fulfilling our agreement with you. We many also use this information for statistical data on the type of audience attending our exhibitions.
- Persona data may also be stored on registrations you fill in on behalf of others. You must have the authority to provide their personal data to us.
Why do we ask for your data?
ARABLAB is a business to business trade show that takes place once a year, in Dubai. When you register, we require processing for the performance of a contract with you, the data subject. We need to communicate with you that your registration has been successful, and also in the run up to the exhibition any changes in times, or dates should these occur. Once you have registered we may also process your data for legitimate interests pursued by us the data controller. This may include notifications of future ARABLAB exhibitions. All communication from us will have the option for you to remove your data from our storage, and you have the right to be removed from our storage database at any time.
Using your personal data: the legal basis and reason
We may process your personal data:
- For a lawfulness consent perspective when you fill in our registration form to attend our exhibitions you consent in us communicating with you to confirm your registration.
- to perform and fulfil the registration agreement. This is a contract with you and the ARABLAB exhibition and we need to provide further communication with you in order to help you attend the exhibition.
- Necessary for the purpose of legitimate interests pursued by us the data controller to advise and notify you of future ARABLAB exhibitions.
Sharing of your personal data
Attending the exhibition as a delegate.
We don’t share your information with any third party organisation for commercial gain. We may only share your data with selected third party companies for the sole purpose of registration fulfilment and confirmation, badge printing, seminar registration or voucher printing. The processing is required under our obligation to you as a data subject in attending our exhibition, and making the experience as smooth and pleasant as possible.
Attending the exhibition as an exhibitor.
When you register with us as an exhibiting organisation, we will process your booking and take payment from our office in Dubai following the financial and legal obligations required. Terms of business are provided with the contract of engagement upon booking a stand with us. We may also provide your information to our selected partner International Labmate Ltd for the purpose and fulfilment of the exhibition show catalogue – namely the ‘The official ARABLAB exhibition catalogue’ produced in the United Kingdom. This catalogue is provided to all show attendees defining the location of all the exhibiting companies, and a map of the show, along with an overview of what’s going on at the exhibition. International Labmate may contact you for the sole purpose of the fulfilment of this ‘The official ARABLAB exhibition catalogue’, as this forms part of the contract in exhibiting.
Your personal data may be transferred electronically to our selected email provider ‘Target Mailer’ for the purpose of updating you on events relating to the ARABLAB exhibition. This and other selected partners are under contractual obligations of adequacy for the processing of limited data for this communication obligation.
We will retain your data as long as necessary to deal with any queries in your registration. Exhibiting organisations will have records retained for the necessary time frame stipulated by the current tax law, and in case of any claims you might legally bring against us. We may remove data associated to email accounts which we identify as non-operational.
- The right to be informed about our processing of your personal data
- The right to have your personal data corrected in the case of inaccuracy and to have incomplete data completed.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data
- The right to restrict processing of your data
- The right to have your personal data erased (known as the right to be forgotten)
- The right to request access to your personal data and information about how we process it.
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal data (data portability)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making including profiling.
You have the right to complain to the information commissioner’s office. It has enforcement powers and can investigate compliance with data protection law. Ico.org.uk
We take registration security very seriously and this section will outline the steps we take in keeping your data safe.
Registration via our website is simple and limited to only ask for information necessary for the fulfilment of the registration. Our website has been certified with https validation and our security certificate was awarded by https://www.comodo.com/ you can trust that the information we take and store is safe and treated with the utmost respect and security.
Registration at the exhibition.
We use the latest available technology to expedite your registration at the exhibition itself. We may ask you to fill in registration forms, and once these have been digitally processed, these are disposed in accordance to the guidelines. When you are presented with your entrance badge to the exhibition, you are in control of this badge which will offer you entrance to the venue, and may serve other purpose while at the ARABLAB show.
Should you have any questions regarding this statement, please contact us.
Join the world’s leading organisations…
Get in touch and stay in touch…
Join our mailing list and receive the ARABLAB newsletter and event updates.